cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does sharing count towards a Business user limit?

Highlighted

Does sharing count towards a Business user limit?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm looking to get a DfB account for, say, 5 team users. Occasionally I'll need to share some folders out to third-parties such as clients or contractors who are not part of the team.

Will these users count towards my overall seat limit of 5 - Or will they just need a personal/pro account? This is the case for other solutions, such as Box, but I can't find anywhere in the blurb whether this applies to Dropbox.

I know I can send a link to any file to any user, but it's the folder sync functionality I'm after.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi Lee!

Dropbox for Business teams can also share folders with external Dropbox users without having to add them to their teams.

Hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Dom

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Dom.

I think that answer my question - If not adding to a team means a seat isn't used up, then great. I think I'll have a trial and play and check it out.

Lee

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Perfect! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Dom

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Does it count toward business user license if I add personal dropbox or if my other business user add their own personal dropbox?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi Dang,

connecting a private Dropbox account to your Dropbox Business account does not count as a license. Your private account will remain a separate entity outside of your team. Connecting a personal and a work account has the advantage of not having to log in and out to switch between the two of them.

Thanks!

Dom

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?