cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download and upload speeds today are super slow, any ideas?

Download and upload speeds today are super slow, any ideas?

New member | Level 2

Is anyone else having super slow, like painfully slow download and upload speeds today?

I have AT&T fiber with 1000MBPS Download speeds (tested) and 952 upload and its taking over 45+min to download a 760MB file. That yesterday would take maybe 2 mins tops. I have restarted the router and ran a new speed test and yet the download from DROPBOX continue to be slow while anything from Google Drive is blazing fast. A client went to download a link we sent and they also complained at the speed the file was taking to down load. 

Whats going on DropBox? 

1 Reply 1

Re: Daily Dropbox user: ATROCIOUS DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD SPEEDS TODAY

Dropboxer

Hey @ANRKY Wheels, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Just to clarify, are you using the website exclusively when downloading? Or are you also having issues with the desktop app download sync speeds?

Through the website, can you try the following to see if there's any difference in the behaviour?

• Clear your browser cache and try again
  • Use an incognito window
  • Use another web browser

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?