cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download my whole library to my mac

Download my whole library to my mac

Explorer | Level 4

Hello, i am about to leave Dropbox and want to dowload my whole library 530G to a disk.How to i go about doing this?

Thx

JP

3 Replies 3

Re: Download my whole library to my mac

Dropboxer

Hello there @oreille, thanks for checking in with us, and sorry to see you go. 

One way to do this is to download the files manually from the website. 

If you have the desktop app installed though, you can let them sync, and then uninstall it. 

After doing this, the Dropbox folder will become like any other folder on your computer that won’t sync online. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4
Thx for your answers,
Yes I have the desktop app ,and I know how to sync to the cloud but how to sync back to the computer where lots of files are missing ?
Jp

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @oreille!

If you used selective sync to choose specific folders to sync to your computer, you can check out the steps here on how to access these settings to reselect all the folders again to sync locally.

Otherwise, if you're using Smart Sync to make your files "Online only" then you can right click the Dropbox folder in your Finder window and choose "Smart Sync - Local".

Please also make sure that none of your files/folders contain any incompatible characters for your Mac to ensure that all files/folders sync down to your computer.

Finally, before uninstalling the Dropbox app, you'll need to allow all the files to finish syncing. The sync status will show "Up to date" when syncing is finished.

I hope that helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?