cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download very slow and data not reflecting as space used on my Hard Drive.

Download very slow and data not reflecting as space used on my Hard Drive.

KerrieGreg
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All, Hope you can help...

First of all, I have a 50meg line that is working perfectly. Almost all my bandwidth is available. It seems to be downloading at about an average of 80kb/sec. Isn't there another way to speed this up. I have set my bandwidth download limit in Dropbox to unlimited.

Secondly, I have about 600GB of data to download. about 2.5 million files. It shows that I have synced over half already if I mouse over the Task Bar icon. BUT my Hard Drive does not show the space as used yet? it should be at at least 200GB used by now on my hard drive I would presume. Almost everything shows as still Syncing still. Very confusing as to the status of this exercise. Is it actually downloading? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Download very slow and data not reflecting as space used on my Hard Drive.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @KerrieGreg, happy Monday!

If you're not seeing any space being used for the files that have already downloaded, are these files possibly syncing as "online only" with Smart Sync, instead of locally?

You can check this by having a look at the local Dropbox folder on your computer, and checking the sync icons you see next to the files that have downloaded.

Also, does the sync appear to be progressing still, or is it stuck showing a certain number of files?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Download very slow and data not reflecting as space used on my Hard Drive.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @KerrieGreg, happy Monday!

If you're not seeing any space being used for the files that have already downloaded, are these files possibly syncing as "online only" with Smart Sync, instead of locally?

You can check this by having a look at the local Dropbox folder on your computer, and checking the sync icons you see next to the files that have downloaded.

Also, does the sync appear to be progressing still, or is it stuck showing a certain number of files?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?