cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable File Size Limit for Dropbox Plus?

Highlighted

Downloadable File Size Limit for Dropbox Plus?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

My name is Ken and I created a online store for a friend. Most of the video downloads that go through the woo-commerce store are between 400 to 700 megs and work beautifully. There are two downloads that are full featured films and the download is 10 gigs maybe a little larger. Most customers have emailed there concern that they only got 500 or so megs of the 10 gigs. Guess the question is what am I doing wrong? Is there a limit? We only have the basic (I guess plus version of Dropbox) do we need a bigger plan? 

thanks for any help on this, the problem has been going on for about a month. 

ken Townshend

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Downloadable File Size Limit for Dropbox Plus?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @ktownshend, I hope you're well today!

Just to clarify, are you sharing the files via a shared link?

Also, are the downloads being done through the "Download" option at the top right of the web page?

Or are they perhaps being done by right clicking the video and choosing "Save as"? This could cause an issue as this doesn't download the actual file itself.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?