cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Zip File - 40Gigs. Download stops after about 3.5 Gigs. Plus member

Downloading Zip File - 40Gigs. Download stops after about 3.5 Gigs. Plus member

New member | Level 2

Hello

I'm trying to download/open with a large Zip file (40 Gigabytes) that is being shared with me via Dropbox.  I have a Plus account.  After selecting "Open With" and starting the download, I get to about 3.5 Gigs before the loading stops and I get back to the "No Preview Available" screen with the same "Open With..." and "Save As..." options.  The same thing happens when I select "Save as..." and try and download the file to my Computer.

Additional info:

I have more than 40 Gigabytes of available space on my computer;

I have a Plus Account and 2 Terabytes of Space on Dropbox;

Any thoughts? 

Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies 3

Re: Downloading Zip File - 40Gigs. Download stops after about 3.5 Gigs. Plus member

Dropboxer

Hi @Jeffkais25, thanks for messaging today!

Currently, there is a limit of 20 GB when downloading files from the Dropbox site.

As you have a Plus account, have you tried adding the file to your account directly, and allowing it to sync to your machine using the Dropbox desktop application?

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Downloading Zip File - 40Gigs. Download stops after about 3.5 Gigs. Plus member

New member | Level 2

THanks for the info, Jay.

I already use the dropbox App (Microsoft Surface) and the same issue occurs.  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "adding the file to your acount directly"  Currently the folder where the large file is found is shared with me and I have full access.

Note:  I also recently cleared by "cache" thinking that may help.

Thanks again.

Dropboxer

Which app have you installed, the full Dropbox desktop application from our site, or the app on the Microsoft Store?

Is the Dropbox desktop application syncing the file to your computer? Is the file located inside a shared folder visible on your own Dropbox account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?