cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading/copying/logging out

Downloading/copying/logging out

RM-2020
Helpful | Level 5

For the last few days I haven't been able to download or copy files/folders, or create new ones, or even log out of Dropbox. I can navigate between files and open them, and upload documents by dropping them directly in to the window but none of the 'action' buttons are working - when I click on them nothing happens. I've tried clearing all my cookies for Dropbox and file history but it's made no difference. I'm on a Mac using a Firefox browser (I don't want to add this dropbox directly to my PC as I already have another one there). It seems to be working fine if I open it via Safari but this isn't my preferred browser. Any advice of things to try welcome!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Downloading/copying/logging out

RM-2020
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks - I forced a log out by logging in from a different browser and going into the security settings and it seems to have taken effect over night so I've now logged back in on Firefox and it seems to be working ok.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @RM-2020, let's see what we can do here. 

Since you've tried clearing your cache and going through another browser - great work by the way! - could you also make sure that your browser is up to date?

Also, do you have any pending updates on your OS in general?

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RM-2020
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you - my firefox is up to date and I am on OS 10.11.6 - I'm unable to update my OS any further.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @RM-2020; I'm sorry to jump in here, but if you're still having issues with this, could you see if adjusting your zoom levels help improve matters?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RM-2020
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks - I forced a log out by logging in from a different browser and going into the security settings and it seems to have taken effect over night so I've now logged back in on Firefox and it seems to be working ok.

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?