cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Box is full - Impossible

Drop Box is full - Impossible

New member | Level 2

I have a free Drop Box account, I have deleted all file but 12 and it still says that it is full.  I removed all shared files that I had with my husband and he has opened his own dropbox account, but he is still getting messages that the drop box is full.  It seem like his new account is link to my and when he uploaded documents in his new dropbox it took up space in mine.

I could not find any place to actual contact support at Dropbox, do they not have any humans that can help.  I only found Help Files that did not address my problem.

Thanks, SharleenC

2 Replies 2

Re: Drop Box is full - Impossible

Dropboxer

Hi @SharleenC, thanks for messaging today!

If you only have 12 files on your account, is it possible that they are large files?

Could you check this page on your account to doublecheck that the extra files aren't coming from shared folders, which do take up quota on your account.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Drop Box is full - Impossible

New member | Level 2

Still cannot figure out why I am out of space.  I may just use my Google Drive instead

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?