cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Box not opening

Drop Box not opening

manlovecash
Explorer | Level 3

For some reason I am not able to get into my drop box, here what it say every time I try to open one:

manlovecash_0-1617716432979.png

what do I need to do to get it to open?

Thanks.

Ricky

7 Replies 7

Re: Drop Box not opening

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @manlovecash, I hope you're doing great!

It seems this is an error you get when trying to open a file inside your Dropbox folder.

Is your desktop application running? Can you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon (which is located next to your WiFi) there and let me know what the status of the app is? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

manlovecash
Explorer | Level 3

Good Morning, Yes I found the icon for drop box & it is saying can't sync your drop box is out of space.

I am not trying to add anything, I just wanted to open it that's all.

Hope to hear back soon, I do go into work this evening. I'll be leaving around 1 PM NC time.

Thanks

Ricky

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, can you clarify if you're also getting an error when trying to access those files through our website instead of your computer @manlovecash?

While at it, what is your account's plan tab reporting, Ricky?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

manlovecash
Explorer | Level 3

It say account full. I took a few things out that I don't use any more, but the storage did not go back down.

I wish I never got this Drop Box thing. How can I go about getting all my fills out of Drop Box? I'll just add

them to my documents. I am not paying for the service when I can save the items on my computer.

Thanks

Ricky

manlovecash
Explorer | Level 3

How do I go about getting all my files out of Drop Box

Thanks.

manlovecash
Explorer | Level 3

Why can't I get in touch with customer service? How do I take my files out of drop box.

I am hating this drop box thing, no customer service when you need them.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @manlovecash,

Yeah, the customers support seems very shy. 😆 That seems to be couple of issues affecting you. Take a look here for possible one step solution (or few steps, at least). 😉 Let's hope this will work for you.

For more deep discussion what's Dropbox and how it works, take a look here. 🙂 Awareness of details could prevent further complications. Seems you have got in overquota where everything else is result of it.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?