cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Drop box not loading in start up in windows 10

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Drop box is not getting automatically started during start up in my laptop with windows 10. Settings are correct. Due to this, the files don't sync automatically. The app has to be every time clicked manully to run the program on this PC. 

This leads to dupliction of files in case some update is done on laptop and synced manually at a later stage. However, manually when running the program it works fine. Tried to re install as well but no use.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Drop box not loading in start up in windows 10

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @j_moses_in - how are you today?

Since your Dropbox application does not start automatically when you log into your computer, it is possible that Dropbox may not be listed under the list of startup programs or that this setting may be turned off.

First, please try checking the Dropbox preferences:

1) Right click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen by the clock on Windows
2) Click on the gear icon  in the Notifications panel and select "Preferences" from the menu
3) Verify that the box next to "Start Dropbox on system startup" is checked.

If it is and you're still having this issue after re-installing our software on the affected computer, please let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @j_moses_in - how are you today?

Since your Dropbox application does not start automatically when you log into your computer, it is possible that Dropbox may not be listed under the list of startup programs or that this setting may be turned off.

First, please try checking the Dropbox preferences:

1) Right click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen by the clock on Windows
2) Click on the gear icon  in the Notifications panel and select "Preferences" from the menu
3) Verify that the box next to "Start Dropbox on system startup" is checked.

If it is and you're still having this issue after re-installing our software on the affected computer, please let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I had this problem for a long time. Start Dropbox at system start IS checked. It is the win 10 startup settings, I reinstalled and still would not start and had to do manually.

My solution:
I use StartEd and dropbox.lnk was in the program startup. HOWEVER, it was set as "local Machine Run".  Just for fun, I changed it to All Users Startup Folder - and that made it work.  Have shutdown, rebooted a number of times and it now shows up in the tray.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

This was annoying me lately, reinstalling would only fix it for a couple of days at best and then it would stop automatically syncing again. However, here’s the solution that will work if you have this problem.

Just manually copy the Dropbox shortcut to the Windows Start Menu

First we need the shortcut, locate the Dropbox icon on your screen.

Right click it and select “copy” in the dropdown menu.

Alternatively you can create a shortcut of your Dropbox from its installation folder, typically located in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe"

Then start the File explorer (Win+E) and go to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Then right click and select “Past shortcut” in the dropdown menu.

Restart your computer and you’re done

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?