cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox chat support or any sort of support is never available any longer??

DropBox chat support or any sort of support is never available any longer??

dmpus
Explorer | Level 3

Any idea why dropbox customer service for current paying customers is pretty much non existent any longer?

Is this another IT company that grew in greed of profit and minimum dedication to their customers?

Any way I can get in touch with support?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: DropBox chat support or any sort of support is never available any longer??

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @dmpus, thanks for messaging the Community!

Chat support is available depending on your current plan when you login and view your support options.

If you need any further assistance regarding non-account specific info, please let me know more here so I can assist!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dmpus
Explorer | Level 3

@jay, Thanks for your reply. I am unsure of what type of account I pay for (multiple accounts for that matter) on annual basis however I used to be able to reach out at least chat support. Now when I go to chat support (US) it always says "If all agents are busy, you can send an email to Dropbox Support directly from the chat box."

If you stand behind your name, you should at least provide some sort of basic support for the customers who are paying for your service.

To the issue, some shared folders located in root dropbox folder do not change their names as the original account has named it. regardless of how I change the name of said folder it remains unchanged to the rest accounts whom I have shared the folder with. This causes issues with other applications such as Adobe indesign where documents use linked files within the document. Further more, some files cannot be renamed on local machine (file explorer) and only can be renamed via Dropbox web UI. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Jay
Dropboxer
Response times can vary depending on the volume of support requests, so it is possible that it is busy currently.

Regarding your query, the only way to rename shared folders is to completely unshare it using these steps in the second part of the article, rename the folder, and then re-share it with the users.

What error do you get when renaming files? Are they currently open in another application? Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dmpus
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay, thanks for your time. I rather not share screenshots in public forum. Is there a way to continue this ticket in private?

Thanks,

D.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @dmpus 

I can save you time in contacting support. That is how shared folders are supposed to work. 

Once a name is set and that folder sent to people there is no way to change it for other users. This is because those users themselves can rename and move the folder wherever they want. For example I have all of mine in a directory called "Shared". Its a safety mechanism so somebody else doesnt rename things and cause file links etc. to break for everybody in the share. 

This is all documented here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/rename-move-shared-folder

If you want people to have a different name for whatever reason you need to tell them to rename it, or, set up and share a new folder. But, remembering they can change it anyway. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?