cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbot does not open

Dropbot does not open

ClaudiaFriedrich
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have trouble with my dropbox. Two of my folders where lately just gone. My partner invited me to one of the folders. Now I have access again. The problem now is that changes I do are not synchronized. The second folder was private and is still totally gone. 
I would like to contact the support via the Dropbot but the chat does not open. I tried a second browser and a second computer with no success.

Could somebody please help me 🙂 ?

All the best
Claudia

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbot does not open

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @ClaudiaFriedrich, thanks for messaging today!

If you're missing any files or folders, see if you can recover them from the deleted files page. Otherwise, check the events page to see if the files were moved.

In general, your available support options depend upon your current subscription. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ClaudiaFriedrich
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay,

thank you very much for the response. I cannot find the folder in the deleted files.
So it is totally weird. I am the owner of our shared folder. In appendix you see a picture what my business partner sees photo_2021-10-13_12-10-11 (1).jpg

--> Claudia Friedrich = Eigentümer.

After the folder was just gone on my PC, she send me an invitation to get me back on board. I had access to the files but I was alone in the folder and not part of the shared folder.

We thougt of one reason for the problem: there was a second PC where my account was logged in.
Last week we logged out from the second PC, I deleted the folder now on my PC and we tried the invitation again.
And again I am alone in the folder.

Do you have an idea how we can solve the problem?

Many thanks
Claudia

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you try checking the shared folders to see if there's any folders you can add to your account. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ClaudiaFriedrich
Explorer | Level 3

I checked on the files that I have been invited to.
For the folder I want to get in dropbox tells me: you do not have enough dropbox space.
This might be the reason? It is a little weird because my partner also has the no-pay-dropbox solution and she can have it on her PC.

Thanks again for your reply 🙂 .

Jay
Dropboxer
If other users have earned more quota on their accounts, then they could add shared folders with more data on it.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    ClaudiaFriedrich Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?