cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Adding Files Without My Permission

Dropbox Adding Files Without My Permission

Roy B.15
Explorer | Level 4

Why is Dropbox all of a sudden adding files and folders that I never put in Dropbox. I never had photos in Dropbox and now it's putting in all my photos. I have a data folder on an exterior drive that now is being stored in Dropbox. I didn't put it there. I delete these folders from Dropbox and they automatically come back and fill up my storage. This has never happened before and I've been using Dropbox for years. It seams that they just want to fill up my storage so I pay for more storage. That's wrong!!!! Even in the Web version when I delete a folder or pictures they automatically come back!!!!

Here is what I'd like to know:

1. Make Dropbox like it use to be, whatever changes they have made are not what I want. They are adding files and folders that I don't want in Dropbox.

2.How do I delete files and folders so that they will never come back?

3. How do I stop Dropbox from storing my photos?

4. How do I stop Dropbox from constantly asking me to buy more storage.

If this is how Dropbox is going to now work, I'm leaving!!!!!  Thank you for your help.

Roy

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox Adding Files Without My Permission

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Roy B.15, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you know if you've enabled camera uploads on any of your devices?

Likewise, did you enable the external drive backup when you plugged it into your machine?

This will help me to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?