cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Basic and Dropbox Plus

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Basic BUT my spouse has a Dropbox Plus. He wanted to give me some space and shared a folder.  

I uploaded my files onto that shared folder BUT it seems those files count as part of my Dropbox Basic.  It says that my box is full. 

How can I do to keep my files in my spouse Dropbox plus without using the space i have in my basic box?

Thanks,

Oswaldo

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Basic and Dropbox Plus

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @oswaldo1965 - welcome to the Community and happy Monday!

In regards to your question now, as shared folders do count towards each member's account's quota, the best way to achieve this (assuming you're only looking into uploading files to your spouse's account since it's the one with more space) would be through our file requests feature.

All you need to do is have your spouse open up a file request from their end (i.e. account) and then send you the link so you can upload directly to their account without those files taking up space on both accounts. 

After that, they can share a link to the folder in question with you if you'd like to view the content of the folder without having it taking up space on your account. 

Let me know if this makes sense and/or if you have any additional questions Oswaldo; I'll be happy to follow up! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?