Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Desktop app - image preview

Collaborator | Level 8

It would be awesome if you could implement something like image preview with left - right arrow scrolling. 

Now when I click on image it opens Windows Photos app and I cannot go to next / previous image. And it is frustrating.

Best option is to give possibility to allow left-right changing images in any preview application but if it is impossible you could create option to give doubleclick and open Dropbox Preview on specific file type.

Another thing:

Dropbox Preview opens files a bit slow and have additional comment sidebar which loads every file change. You could give possibility to hide sidebar if there is no comments on specific file.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Desktop app - image preview

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your feedback on Dropbox previews @zonaarchi!

I understand all you pointed out and how convenient the changes you are suggesting would be. 

Please note that the Windows Photos app though, is part of your Operating system and it is the way your computer is set to preview the photos locally. We are not able to change that on our end but you can easily select another app with more options as the default for your local photo previews. 

You will find plenty free apps for image previews and edits. 

Let me know if changing this made previewing a better experience locally.

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Desktop app - image preview

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your feedback on Dropbox previews @zonaarchi!

I understand all you pointed out and how convenient the changes you are suggesting would be. 

Please note that the Windows Photos app though, is part of your Operating system and it is the way your computer is set to preview the photos locally. We are not able to change that on our end but you can easily select another app with more options as the default for your local photo previews. 

You will find plenty free apps for image previews and edits. 

Let me know if changing this made previewing a better experience locally.

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?