cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Duplicates - is there a program or way to delete duplicates?

Highlighted

Dropbox Duplicates - is there a program or way to delete duplicates?

New member | Level 2

Dropbox has taken my download pics, shuffled them like a deck of cards and taken about 2000 pics and mutiplied the file 4200 times given me about 400,000 pics to now sort through....Is there a program or way to delete the duplicate pics? So, that I am back down to a managable no. of pics to sort through.....?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Duplicates

Dropboxer

Hi there @johnnyp, thanks for reaching out to us here!

There wouldn't be a way to do this through Dropbox I'm afraid, however there are third party apps that can be used to detect and remove duplicate files.

While there aren't any specific apps that I could suggest for this, you could do a quick web search for some suggestions.

From our Community, I was able to find this thread which have some helpful suggestions.

Sorry that I can't be of much help with this, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?