cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Excel file issues with vlookup formula

Highlighted

Dropbox Excel file issues with vlookup formula

Explorer | Level 3

Just uploaded an Excel file with vlookup formulas on Dropbox .

When I browse the file directly on Dropbox (through web browser), half of the formulas on my file are not working (data is showing up as "0"). When the file is saved directly on my computer, formulas work fine. Original file also works without problems.

The reference table where the vlookup formula is pulling information from is saved within the same uploaded file, on a different tab (it is not linked to an external file).

We are using this sheet as an inventory list to sell our clearance stock to customers, so having "0" on this file is not a good thing. The odd thing is that the formual on the first half of this inventory list is working fine, the second half just shows 0's (and this is only on the web browser version of the file).

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Excel file issues with vlookup formula

Dropboxer

Hi @JACOSTA, thanks for messaging today!

Are you experiencing this on the Dropbox preview page, or when you open Office Online via the Dropbox site?

Does it only occur for this file, or any other Excel files on your account?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

It happens on the Dropbox preview page (when you click over the file name and the file opens up in a new window in the browser). It's only ever happened (as far as I have noticed) this once. I have another file in this folder where, out of the entire sheet, only one style is having this issue, no problem with the rest... 

Help!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

The Dropbox preview page is generally able to preview most files as they are. However, depending on the complexity of the formula, it might not be able to preview that value correctly. 

As such, it's recommended to view the files from Office Online, or when downloaded to a machine in the native app.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I see. The bizarre thing is that the formula is exactly the same for both files, but it decided to stop working mid-way.

What makes this situation tricky is that most of our customers will most likely only browse through the preview page and decide then. If the info is not showing correctly, we will miss sales.

Anyway, we found away around this withouth having to use Dropbox.

Thank you very much for your input, though! I trully appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?