cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Invite limits Error

Highlighted

Dropbox Invite limits Error

Explorer | Level 4

I have been a Business account member for over 6 months and have never seen this before. Some days i share a file to over 200-300 people with no issues, yet today i shared one file to 8 people then tried sharing another file to 30 people and It gives me this error. (You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours.) Now again i have a paid Business account. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Invite limits Error

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @jsand0101

In general, the error message “You've hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours”, occurs when you are attempting to share a link to a folder/file or share a folder, which indicates that you have sent too many invitations in one day.

This limit is reset every day, so you will be able to continue to send links to other users the next day.

If you continue to have trouble with this though, please don’t hesitate to contact our Support team for a more in-depth investigation. 

In any case, let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

50 Replies 50
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @jsand0101

In general, the error message “You've hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours”, occurs when you are attempting to share a link to a folder/file or share a folder, which indicates that you have sent too many invitations in one day.

This limit is reset every day, so you will be able to continue to send links to other users the next day.

If you continue to have trouble with this though, please don’t hesitate to contact our Support team for a more in-depth investigation. 

In any case, let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Ok that is understandable but I have only sent 8 invites today and None for that folder. So this should not happen.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@jsand0101 wrote:

Ok that is understandable but I have only sent 8 invites today and None for that folder. So this should not happen.

Eight invites today, but how many in the last 24 hours?

If it's anything like other limits that Dropbox has, it's possible that it's the number of invites in the previous 24-hour period. For example, bandwidth overages are measured on a 24-hour sliding window.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

0, I have not sent any links for 6 days.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

It is possible that some of those people you are sharing with are reporting you as being spam/unwanted (either intentionally or not). 

I'd suggest sending the links from your own email client instead of via Dropbox

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

I get an error message when I try to share. Invite limit exceeded.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am getting an ERROR Message when I try to share files and says I have exceeded my invite limit for the day and should retry in 24 hours, but I have NEVER had this issue before. I have looked up previous replies on this in the "Community" but none of them offer a real solution.  Just says wait 24 hours but I dont have 24 hours.  And this is ridiculous.  

Highlighted

Re: Invite limit exceeded

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @N8Gates

Thanks for posting about this!

I understand you are getting an error message regarding sharing limits. I see you have chatted with us about this so I am sure the agent assisting you will help you solve this really soon. However, posting a screenshot of the error message you are receiving in this topic would be very helpful for other users that might be facing the same issue. 

Finally, I found this discussion that reflects the issue you are reporting: 

Is there a limit to how many people I can invite to a shared folder?

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

"you've hit the limit of invites you can send per day",

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am new to dropbox pro and am using the free trial. I am getting a message that I've hit the limit of invites. I'm trying to share files with students. I didn't know that there was a limit to sharing. Is this something that is unique to the free trial? I've only tried to share with about 20 people. Is there someway around this? Is there a limit on the fully paid plan?

Highlighted

Re: "you've hit the limit of invites you can send per day",

Super User II
Super User II

Sharing files with students is different to referals. 

What I would suggest to make it easier is to get your link of the files you want to share and then send it via your own email account. That way you have proof you sent it and can send it to lots at once. Quite a few ISP's block emails from Dropbox so, its possible your students wont get the auto ones. 

Also, you need to have evidence you sent the files for when they all come asking for extra time due to not getting the resources You cant get any proof via Dropbox so you need your own system for that.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?