cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share limit reached - Wait 24hrs

Re: Limit of invitations + Problems sharing folders and links

rabf
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, the account is my property and it is a plus, so I manage who I share, so I don't think my permissions have been changed.

Error message: "You've hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours."

PG15
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox account has worked just fine for over 5 years. Now whenever I try to add a person to my shared folder, I get this error message, despite the fact that I have NOT invited anyone in the past week or more. How can I get rid of this message? Is there a limit on the grand total number of people with whom each folder is shared on Dropbox?

You've hit the limit of invitations you can send per day. Please try again in 24 hours.

Mavr
Explorer | Level 4

Hi
I used Dropbox for years.
But 4 days ago I got error message when I want to share a folder:
"You've hit the limit of invitations you can send per day. Please try again in 24 hours."
Nothing changed in 24h
My email and account name: [email removed as per Community Guidelines

Please help

Sharing map

Jean Luc Picard
New member | Level 2

When i tried to share a map, i get every day, that my limit is reached for this day and i must try it the next day.

The truth is that i days have not shared a new map.

Is this a bug or something?

Re: Sharing map

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for posting here everyone, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

We'd need to continue through our Support channel so we can check on some account specific info with you.

Please check out your Support options here, to submit a ticket with the team.

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I'd be happy to help out with this from my side.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Share limit reached - Wait 24hrs

MarkM1
New member | Level 2

Hi All,

I am currently unable to share my files and folders...

It simply say's Invite limit reached, please wait 24hrs and try again.

I waited 24hrs and i still get the same message. I am only trying to add one additional member to this already shared folder.

I use the free version and have had no issues like this in the past.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Re: Share limit reached - Wait 24hrs

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @MarkM1, I've just moved your post here since you have a similar issue to the OP.

When you have the time, check my post above here for some more info - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Smart Sync not working

kferman
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am using a Dropbox Business Account through my work and have followed the directions provided me to set up Smart Sync. 

The first step listed on the instructions to set up Smart Sync is to download the Dropbox desktop app. I followed the link provided to start this process. 

At this point, I have tried to download the app two to three times and implement Smart Sync. I right click on the desired sub-folder, hover over Smart Sync as instructed, and then click "Online Only" on the sub-folders I do not want to be local. 

However, when I go back to check the option to make sure "Online Only" is still selected, it is not. Neither "Online Only" or "Local" are selected, on any folders. No matter how much I click on either "Online Only" or "Local" options, the selection does not take, and the whole Dropbox (of hundreds of thousands of files) keeps syncing.

I then went to Selected Sync under "Preferences" and tried only selecting the few sub-folders I need that way. I selected the folders and, thankfully, these folders stay selected under the "Preferences" menu. However, when I go back to my Dropbox master folder, ALL of the sub-folders are still syncing - even though most of them are no longer selected under Selected Sync.

How do I make my preferences stick?? Help!

--Katie

Error sharing a folder

mhoward19
New member | Level 2

Capture.PNG

I get this error whenever I try sharing a folder. Tried after 24 hours and also upgraded to 30-day business trial but I get the same error. Does anyone have any idea on what this could be?

Re: Smart Sync not working

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @kferman, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

From what you mentioned, is it possible that you're trying to change the sync settings of the files while the app is still syncing?

Since this is the initial installation of the app, you'll need to choose to sync the files as "online only" during the setup of the app.

When setting up the app, did you see this option to choose how your files will sync (local vs online only)?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?