cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Invite limits Error

can't share file

almightox
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I can't share a single file because when I enter an email I get the message of 

"You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours."

but I haven't shared a file for years!!!

I also tried to click on the copy link in the share dialogue but looks that's a not existing functionality to share anonym links like we can do on other platforms because it gives 404 on other computers... 😞

I have a free account and I am not persuaded to pay for it if even such a simple thing fails to work 😞

(I tried all of these from the web interface so it can't be a sync issue)

Re: can't share file

Rich
Super User II

@almightox wrote:

I can't share a single file because when I enter an email I get the message of "You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours." but I haven't shared a file for years!!!

Sounds like your ability to share has been disabled by Dropbox for some reason. You'll need to contact Support using the options available to you on the Suport page.

Re: can't share file

almightox
Explorer | Level 3

unfortunately there is no human support available or at least I don't find it only the community and that 100% useless chatbot what they are providing to me 😞

You don’t have permission to create a link to this folder

HengOrz
Explorer | Level 3

When I want to create a link to share the file, I get this message(You don’t have permission to create a link to this folder). It's a file on my root folder, so it is not a permission issue.

The other case is that I type another user's mail for sharing, I get this message(You’ve hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours.). But I didn't create any invitation in these 24 hours even these two months.

I think that my account was banned like this post(https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/You-don-t-have-permission-to-create-a-link-to-...)

Could anyone help me to unlock my account? Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Error saying shared too many files

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Hawaii909, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues when trying to share content, let's see what we can do! 

I've moved your post under the current thread, since it described the issue you mentioned in a similar way!

Keep in mind that the the error message you mentioned happens when you attempt to share a link to a folder/file or share a folder, which indicates that you have sent too many invitations in one day.

However, the limit should reset each day. Since you issue persists for more than that, please don’t hesitate to contact our Support Team for a more in-depth investigation. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: You don’t have permission to create a link to this folder

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @HengOrz, and welcome to our Community!

I've merged you to this thread since this looks like a similar issue! 

If you haven't already, please check out the posts above for some more info about this, and let me know if you have any issues along the way!

Thank you!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HengOrz
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lori , 

Thanks for your help. But I can't get the solution from this post 😞

Could you help me to resolve this issue?

In this post https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/You-don-t-have-permission-to-create-a-link-to-..., I think the issue is also resolved by dropboxer.

I think that my account is banned for sharing 😞

Please help me to re-open this ability.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @HengOrz, no worries I am always here to help!

Would it be okay, if I send you an email so we can continue troubleshooting your issue there? 

Let me know, thanks!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

You don't have permission to create link to this content.

abdo 1994
Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to create a dropbox link to a file, folder, shared folder where I'm the Owner  but keep getting this error "You don't have permission to create a link to this content"

I've always been able to share the dropbox link, so this is something completely new.

What should I do to fix it? 

Re: You don't have permission to create link to this content.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @abdo 1994, I've merged you to this thread and send you an email to your address.

Please could you reply to it as soon as you get a moment!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Lori Dropboxer
    theone89 New member | Level 2
    madx Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?