cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not Loading Complete Video

Dropbox Not Loading Complete Video

goli1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I am trying to view a 2 hour video that someone has shared with me on Dropbox, but it will only load the first hour. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox Not Loading Complete Video

Rich
Super User II

@goli1 wrote:
I am trying to view a 2 hour video that someone has shared with me on Dropbox, but it will only load the first hour. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

You're watching a preview of the video. To see the video in it's entirety, download it and play it on your computer.

From: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/photos/video-length

Why can’t I play a video or audio file in Dropbox?

If a video or audio file was shared with you, you may not be able to stream (or play) the entire video or audio file on dropbox.com. It depends on what type of account the owner of the file has.

• If the owner of the file is a Dropbox Basic user, you can stream the first 15 minutes on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app
  • If the owner of the file is a Dropbox Plus, Family, or Professional user, you can stream the first 60 minutes on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app
  • If the owner of a file is a Dropbox Business user, you can stream the first 4 hours on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app

To play a shared video or audio file in its entirety, save it to your own Dropbox account by clicking Save to Dropbox at the top of the file preview. Or, download it to your computer by clicking Download.

Re: Dropbox Not Loading Complete Video

goli1
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you so much Rich!

Your response was so helpful and I really appreciate it.

goli
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?