cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not Syncing files to my new computer.

Dropbox Not Syncing files to my new computer.

aels
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using dropbox for years on one computer and saved/worked out of only dropbox. I got a new computer and logged into dropbox but nothing I did from my first computer is saved or is in the folder now. It appears as if nothing was updated for over a year. Why is this occuring?

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox Not Syncying

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @aels, thanks for posting!

If you check your Dropbox account online, do you see the files from your older computer there?

Also, what does the sync status of the app on your new computer show?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dropbox is the worst

aels
Explorer | Level 3

I have been trying to talk to someone at dropbox for days and nobody will answer any of my questions. I am missing files from my folder that i need. 

Re: Dropbox is the worst

Daphne
Dropboxer
Did you have the time to check out my post above here, @aels?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aels
Explorer | Level 3

Everything says it is in synce. I tried from my phone and the new computer which says in sync, but yet the latest file is from 2019. appears as if nothing i worked on in 2020 was saved to online. i tried to connect my old hard drive, but nothing is one it since I MOVED IT TO DROPBOX.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @aels, could you forward a screenshot confirming that the Dropbox desktop application is showing everything is in sync, from the desktop app and the Dropbox folder itself?

In the app, is it definitely connected to the same Dropbox account that you're seeing on the other computer and site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?