cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox Paper NOTIFICATIONS

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've turned on all manner of notifications in my settings, but do not get a notification or email when I do the "@John" notation.

It shows my email address, so it's obviously able to access the data.

Any fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Paper NOTIFICATIONS

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello, 

Normally , everytime someone mentions you on a comment thread, you should get an email notifications if you didn't read the comment you were mentioned to.

By default, when you receive a notification it appears in the notifications tray first. (The notifications tray is the feed you see by clicking the bell icon at the top of the screen.) If you don't see or read the notification in the tray, a notification is sent via the Dropbox desktop app (if you have it installed). If you don't see or read the notification within 2 hours, you receive an email with the contents.

If you are still not receiving email notifications, share your Paper issuedirectly with us while using Paper : click on the "?" icon on the lower right corner and click on "Bug Report". From that link you can submit your ideas and general Paper related feedback.

Thank you.

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

.. same problem .. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem, did you ever fix this  issue?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello, 

Normally , everytime someone mentions you on a comment thread, you should get an email notifications if you didn't read the comment you were mentioned to.

By default, when you receive a notification it appears in the notifications tray first. (The notifications tray is the feed you see by clicking the bell icon at the top of the screen.) If you don't see or read the notification in the tray, a notification is sent via the Dropbox desktop app (if you have it installed). If you don't see or read the notification within 2 hours, you receive an email with the contents.

If you are still not receiving email notifications, share your Paper issuedirectly with us while using Paper : click on the "?" icon on the lower right corner and click on "Bug Report". From that link you can submit your ideas and general Paper related feedback.

Thank you.

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

So we have to make this adjustment in "Paper"?  I don't use Paper - I used to get emails (I didn't realize there was a two hour lag - that's not very useful) and not I don't at all, even when @mentioned.  Is this previously extremely useful functionality not limited to a document in "Paper" - ????

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?