cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper frequently fails to load correctly or allow me to edit documents in Chrome

Dropbox Paper frequently fails to load correctly or allow me to edit documents in Chrome

FNKDREAMBOX
Explorer | Level 4

This is not a new issue, but persisted since the beginning of Dropbox Paper.

Here is an example of how it loads:

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 3.28.42 PM.png

Notice: the lack of a header bar.  This is also frequently accompanied by a "Waiting for connection..." message at the bottom.   In this state, either nothing works, or it says it can't save changes because it has no connection.

If I close enough Dropbox tabs, sometimes it will start working again. But that's not always the problem.

Signing in and out also does not solve the problem.

Even restarting Chrome does not solve the problem

Visting chrome://net-internals/#sockets closing/flushing idle sockets does sometimes solve the problem, but not always

Using a different browser WILL solve the problem, but it's a super annoying workaround.

Is there a max connection problem in Dropbox Paper such that you can't have more than 10 Dropbox Paper tabs open at the same time? Any plans to fix it?

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbox Paper frequently fails to load correctly or allow me to edit documents in Chrome

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @FNKDREAMBOX, thanks for messaging the Community!

As this issue appears to only appear when using Chrome, and that we've not received any other reports like this, then it must be something to do with the browser itself on your machine.

Could you try using incognito mode without any extensions and plugins running to see if the issue persists?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox Paper frequently fails to load correctly or allow me to edit documents in Chrome

FNKDREAMBOX
Explorer | Level 4

I'll try using Safari entirely for Dropbox Paper for a week and if the problem doesn't replicate, then you might be right!

Jay
Dropboxer
It's certainly fine to use another browser, however, it's only a temporary measure, since it should work normally in Chrome.

There could have been a recent update to Chrome or an extension which made the Dropbox site slower for some reason, hence why it's worth trying to see if any extensions could be causing it.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

FNKDREAMBOX
Explorer | Level 4

I think you were right that this problem must be extension related (or otherwise Chrome specific), as I have not been able to replicate it in Safari.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

FNKDREAMBOX Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?