cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper frequently goes offline, while still connected to the internet.

Dropbox Paper frequently goes offline, while still connected to the internet.

mattcooley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Throughout the day, DB Paper will go offline for several minutes with the following message: 

"Connection lost. You'll be able to save edits when you go back online" followed by the next message, "Still offline. You'll be able to edit when you go back online. "

I can work on every other website, and I'm still connected to the internet. In 2-3 minutes the message will go away, but as soon as I begin typing it will reappear and turn my edits gray. I'm then unable to edit for a few minutes. Per another user's post, I went into incognito mode and check my firewall settings, neither of which worked.

Can anyone help? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
This is a known issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-Paper/I-m-experiencing-a-connectivity-issue-in-Paper-losing-.... Please post updates and questions there as thats the thread being monitored by Dropbox.

And updates at https://status.dropbox.com/

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @mattcooley, thanks for checking in on the Forum, & welcome aboard! 

You may keep in mind that you can check if there are any incidents recorded on our end via this link. In case you're still experiencing an issue though, I will list a few questions for you to check:

First of all, are you able to carry out your work in Paper through an incognito window or via a different browser? 

Also, are you connected through a work network by any chance? If you are, please check with your company’s IT department, as there may be an update on your Firewall settings (or some other additional security precaution put in place) that’s affecting your connection. Finally, are other users in your network experiencing the same behavior too? 

Please do keep us updated on the matter & let me know if you have any questions you’d like to forward. Thanks in advance and, in the mean time, have a wonderful day! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mattcooley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

Is this an auto-reply? I had actually answered your questions in my original post. I had already encountered the last forum post where this reply was pasted in response to a similar issue, and the suggestions (going incognito, checking my firewall, etc.) didn't work. 

Any other ideas? It's very buggy and it undermines the case I've been making for my team to move primarily to Dropbox Paper for meetings, 1 on 1s, and shared project tasks and docs. It's currently down while I'm writing this message (also on Dropbox, on the same connection) in another tab. 

Milthon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everyone, I also have the same problem: a single computer on the network has the message that can't be synchronized due to the lack of network, but if there is internet.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Milthon @mattcooley, thanks for your swift responses, & I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same behaviour. 

I understand that you may think that this is an automated message, as we’re using a checklist (depending on the original description of the issue of course) so as to rule out some scenarios. When it comes to your Firewall settings, it’s merely so as to eliminate any server-side (: meaning specific to your local network) adjustments. 

Moving forward, as I want to assist you on the matter, could you please provide me with a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the behavior that you’re seeing? Last but not least, are you on a home or work network? 

Please do let me know of your findings, & I look forward to hearing back from you! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

david245
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. This product is absolute garbage. No matter how many "incognito tabs" I open or different browsers I use, I still get the same error message. All other websites (except for Dropbox Paper) work.

Any update on this? Why even release a produce if the core functionality -- being able to edit it and collaborate on documents -- doesn't even come close to working consistently?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
This is a known issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-Paper/I-m-experiencing-a-connectivity-issue-in-Paper-losing-.... Please post updates and questions there as thats the thread being monitored by Dropbox.

And updates at https://status.dropbox.com/

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    david245 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Milthon New member | Level 2
    mattcooley New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?