cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox Paper iOS - Offline Issues

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have recently started using Dropbox Paper on my iPhone, and I am experiencing several serious issues with the offline mode. 

1. Cannot access Paper documents while offline
    • When my iPhone is on airplane mode, attempting to open any Paper file leads to an infinite loading circle - I see the "View and edit offline" banner displayed at the bottom of my device, but the loading circle never stops. This is true for documents I have already accessed via the app, despite claims made by Dropbox.
  2. Cannot create new Paper document while offline
    • Again with the iPhone on airplane mode, clicking the "+" for a new blank document leads to another infinite loading cycle. Because there is no back or cancel button available, the only thing I can do to escape this is quit the Dropbox app
  3. Making Paper documents available offline does not remedy any of the above
    • Despite having all of my Paper documents downloaded to my phone, attempting to open any of these documents while offline brings up a "Please check your network connection and try again" error.

Unless I am doing something seriously wrong, it seems that contrary to claims made by the service, Dropbox simply does not have a working offline mode for Paper files on iOS. Does anyone else have the same issues? Am I missing something?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Paper iOS - Offline Issues

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

UPDATE: I've made an interesting discovery that makes me think this is an issue/bug specifically with the Dropbox Paper iOS app. If I delete the Dropbox Paper iOS app, I can view all of the .paper files I have made available offline in the Dropbox app just fine (I click on the files while offline and they open, I can read but not edit of course). When I do download the Dropbox Paper iOS app, clicking on the exact same file will bring up the "Please check your network connection and try again" dialog and the file cannot be opened. This leads me to believe something is broken in the offline loading feature of the Paper app.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey John! Welcome to the Dropbox Community and thanks for using Paper!

As I'd really like to look into this with all of our tools at my disposal, would it be OK with you if I reached out via the email address that's associated with your Community's profile? 

Let me know here when you get the chance and we'll take it from there @John12B

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey Walter,

Yes, this is totally fine with me - thank you for reaching out.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your speedy reply @John12B!

I just sent you a ticket  so we can investigate further. Take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Have a lovely day in the meantime 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?