cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper leave a shared document or folder

Dropbox Paper leave a shared document or folder

man-u-l
Helpful | Level 5

I am having a problem, I read an article about how to manage projects using paper, the article had a link to a sample Paper Document, I clicked on it and I was added to the Document list of people who can see and commend along with a couple hundred more that also clicked the link, now that I looked at the file I want to remove it from my Paper Docs, but I cannot find the option to do so, I can archive my own documents and eventually delete them, but I cannot remove or leave that document that was "shared" with me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am new to Dropbox Paper, I manage my notes elsewher but want to move all of them to Paper, I will pull the trigger once I can also have offline access to those notes on my Mac.

59 Replies 59

Kris89
New member | Level 2
July 2019 and yet, the issue exist. Hello dropbox, anybody home??

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Kris89, while we’re gathering all the relevant feedback internally, kindly note that it’s possible to be removed from a shared Paper doc by contacting the Owner. Have you asked them to remove your access by any chance? Please let me know & I’ll do my best to further advise. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

JasonBriscoe
Helpful | Level 5

The issue here is you're not listening to what we're saying Jane – we don't want to reach out to owners to have ourselves removed. We should have the ability to remove ourselves without needing to contact the author.

ioannup
Helpful | Level 5

Jane,  Are you kidding us? It takes your developers several hours to implement this functionality.
Have you asked them to add this functionality by any chance? Please let me know & I’ll do my best to further advise. Thanks!

Luc C.1
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Jane,
Thank you for your feedback. As a business owner, we use Dropbox professionally to share files. The very basic of it without fireworks. It works great!

Paper, is more like a collaborative tool. So we tried it a couple weeks when it launched but realized its not adapted to our reality. So we completely stop using it and now we have a better way to collaborate with documents even with our clients.

When a company like Dropbox do not seems to care about people’s need, cause we really need to be able to remove ourself from a document, they will see their clients jump off the ship.

Regards,

Clair H.
Helpful | Level 5

I think I should be able to remove myself no matter what permissions I have on a document. I really don't want to have a bunch of Paper documents that someone has shared with me and I no longer wish to be a part of stuck with me. 

I've already got documents and templates colleagues have shared with me that do not understand how or have the desire to take the time to remove me. Therefore, I want to be able to get out of those documents. 

dbadesign
Explorer | Level 4
I don't think you guys are understanding how important this is to solve.

I viewed a doc someone shared with me. The fact there is no way to remove myself from that doc so it doesn't appear in my account is a huge fail.

To work on complex projects I need to keep my space organized. If you don't allow me to unfollow or delete docs I previewed just doesn't make sense for me to use your tool.

urbankuest
New member | Level 2

I'm facing the same issue as many others, where I'm unable to remove myself from documents I have viewed. I should not have to contact the document owner to remove me, I should be able to just remove myself. I have a paid subscription with dropbox for more than 2 years now. If this issue does not get solved and I continue to see poorly support that dropbox gives I'll definetly cancel my subscription and move to some other cloud storage provider.

man-u-l
Helpful | Level 5

Amazingly this is the very reason I no longer pay Dropbox for a premium account and NO longer use Paper. If a company cannot resolve something so simple and dont want to lissen to their paying users then I dont want to be associated with them.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hello to everyone following this discussion detailing us your observations! Kindly note that we take your feedback seriously & for that reason I’ve moved your comment to the Paper Ideas section, so as to give it a small push, as other users may be interested in the same functionality & they could also upvote (👍this request. 

I'm always here in case you need any additional assistance in any way; feel free to ping me back here & I'll do my best to reply back to you soon!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kalin Explorer | Level 4
    Carwyn Helpful | Level 5
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    sani2 Explorer | Level 4
    Benedikt B. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?