cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper leave a shared document or folder

Dropbox Paper leave a shared document or folder

man-u-l
Helpful | Level 5

I am having a problem, I read an article about how to manage projects using paper, the article had a link to a sample Paper Document, I clicked on it and I was added to the Document list of people who can see and commend along with a couple hundred more that also clicked the link, now that I looked at the file I want to remove it from my Paper Docs, but I cannot find the option to do so, I can archive my own documents and eventually delete them, but I cannot remove or leave that document that was "shared" with me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am new to Dropbox Paper, I manage my notes elsewher but want to move all of them to Paper, I will pull the trigger once I can also have offline access to those notes on my Mac.

59 Replies 59

DF64
New member | Level 2

This issue is making me not use Paper at all, as my organization is HUGE and I can't get rid of all the junk that is shared with me! I can't even choose to "unfollow" a folder. Gonna use a different platform. Too bad.

mistywindow
Helpful | Level 6

I'm really annoyed by this. People have been complaining forever. It's so infuriating that I'm in the process of abandoning Dropbox Paper, and Dropbox will be losing my paid subscription.

Dropbox view: "To hell with the customers."

From a user with 18GB of free storage from referrals who's been here since near Day 1.

Lucidiot
New member | Level 2

Here is one more trying-not-to-be-upset vote for fixing this. I was added to a number of DB Paper documents years ago as part of a consulting project. The owners and editors have since been "deleted" (see attached image). The lucky souls have been released from Paper Prison while I and the other poor "Viewer" were not so fortunate.

We were merely visiting - trying to help some people in a bind. But now the parole board, guards and warden have all left the facility. I know the key to this annoying Paper Box is just down the hall buried in a stack of Jira. Brave Jane comes by occasionally to patiently hear our pleas for parole. She even sometimes calls down the cell block to the product owner and dev team apparently preserving the Paper project prioritization pile as a pillow, perplexed as to Paper's plummeting praxis & profits. Pity. 

DropBox Paper Remove Self.png

Judson D.
New member | Level 2

Yeah, I was thinking about starting to use Paper, but couldn't clear out my workspace, came here to see this... No thanks, this is a minor thing to fix, and a huge annoyance to users. It's a red flag that Dropbox isn't serious about the product.

Artan Krasniqi
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

it´s now 2020 and I have completly the same problem. Clicked on an old Paper Dokument link to see if there are still important infos for me. After that I wanted to delete it from my list or leave it, so that I don´t have to see it in my list anymore. The answers are still the same like here. "Ask the owner to kick you out or "archive" it. Archiving doesn´t help, it just keeps being there. Absolutly useless and bad experience. I feel the same. I also will never click anymore on a paper dokument and I´m also thinking to leave Dropbox completly and go with another cloud system as I feel they are cutting my freedoms here. 2 years later and no solution. 😄 That´s insane. I think if the owner changed his email address or just don´t answer, you will be aaaaaaalways in that paper dokument. And yes. I also got pre prepared mails and stuff where they are ass friendly and talk about god and the world but the problem is still there. Also 2 years after.

Very satisfying.

Regards, the guy who´s stuck forever in a paper dokument. 🙂

Benedikt B.
Explorer | Level 4

Double that. 

This Issue and the fact that Dropbox and Papers Folder structures are seperated. 

And just to steal a march on the incoming auto-reply: Any hints to the „share idea“-Thread is unnecessary. This issues are years old, people are craving and tons of pro-users don't use paper because of these two inconsistent elements. 

I would never cancel my pro-account because dropbox has become essential for my daily life.

But no development on years old features, that seem to make a difference for a huge part of the community. And to be honest: this massive amount of just a few but heavily used textexpander-like sentences from the team - premade standard auto-replys – feel like an insult to any paying client .

Best regards

Benedikt

sani2
Explorer | Level 4

Can we please get a definitive answer to this problem. What's the plan of the Dropbox Team? if you are no longer interested in supporting the product then it's better to be upfront with users and let them know before they invest more time in it and add more documents which would make the migration more difficult down the line. 

Can you please be a little more transparent / responsible? 

Thank you 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hello everyone, thanks for nudging us on this thread and for sharing your thoughts on this. 

Although we don't have a definitely timeline to share with you, our team is constantly trying to improve the apps and experience for you. 

As mentioned previously, if you haven't done so already, you can post any features you'd like to see in the future, here, where others can upvote and comment on your ideas. 

Again, thank you very much for your feedback. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Carwyn
Helpful | Level 5

I've added an idea that covers this topic here.

kalin
Explorer | Level 4

HAHAHAHA IT'S 2020 and dropbox still doesn't have a solution for this

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kalin Explorer | Level 4
    Carwyn Helpful | Level 5
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    sani2 Explorer | Level 4
    Benedikt B. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?