cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Paper not listed as an option

Dropbox Paper not listed as an option

Corndog
Explorer | Level 3

I have a user who does not see Dropbox Paper as an option when adding documents in Dropbox.  We've tried it in multiple browsers and she still never see it as an option:

image.png

The weird thing is that she CAN edit Dropbox Paper docs that others have shared with her. 

Any idea why this option is missing for her?

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @Corndog, welcome to our Community and thanks for using Paper!

It sounds like this user might be using the old release of Paper while you must be using the 2020 release of Paper. 

To confirm if that's the case, you can have a look here

I hope this helps a tad and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Corndog
Explorer | Level 3

I have read that article but it doesn't state HOW to upgrade this person's account.  

Megan
Dropboxer

Sorry to jump in here @Corndog

At the moment, there wouldn't be a way for this to happen.

The Paper 2020 release is currently only available to new users. Our team is presently working on a new feature in order to deliver the greatest possible experience for all of our users. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Corndog
Explorer | Level 3

So if a user NEEDs to use Dropbox Paper, are we just out of luck? Do I delete her account and generate a new one? What will happen to her files? Do they stay live as long as they're shared with other users?  

This is very frustrating. 

Megan
Dropboxer
Happy Tuesday @Corndog

They can still use Paper, but they'll still have to access it through the web interface. 

When you delete a Dropbox account, all the files are deleted as well. However, any shared folders should be found on the accounts she's sharing the folders with. 

Alternatively, you can try creating a brand-new Dropbox account for this purpose.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?