cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Problem with Preview Pane in Windows 10 Explorer.

Dropbox Problem with Preview Pane in Windows 10 Explorer.

Conkerah
Explorer | Level 4

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a strange problem, the issue is when in MS Windows Explorer > Navigating to Dropbox Folders and having Windows Preview Pane opened in Windows Explorer. The file shows up on the preview pan, but once you click away or continue to the next file then go back to the previous file the preview pane doesn't show a preview no longer.

The work around ive found was to right click on the file and set to online - only in which case it allows for 1 preview pane viewing then it no longer works until i do it again. 

Is there a better solution to this issue? 

37 Replies 37

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jmoney3, I hope you're doing well!

Can you follow Jay's steps, as mentioned above in order for you to contact our Support team about this? 

Keep me posted with the ticket number once you do. Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EZB
New member | Level 2

Hi, i am having the same problem with the preview pane on file explorer for dropbox files that shows me the file just once in the preview and when I go away from that file and come back again it does not show up. did you find the problem?

F10catherine
Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same issues of all previews not showing in explorer. I tried contacting support but was just told its due to a third party app and they cannot assist. I don't see this is a third party app problem to be honest....

YZYkithomes
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

I got the same answer "due to a third party app and they cannot assist". This is definitely not the case, but mostly a compatibility issue with Windows 10 and 11. We're looking for alternatives to Dropbox and this makes work very inefficient. Any alternatives here can anyone recommend?

jmoney3
Explorer | Level 4

I am curious what 3rd party application you are using that would be causing this error? If we are all using a different 3rd party, I don't see how it could be the 3rd party error. I am using a Raven Scanner.

F10catherine
Explorer | Level 3

As far as im aware im not using a 3rd party app similar that could be conflicting, they just seemed to direct it at Windows explorer in my case....

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey all, I hope you're doing well!

Your feedback regarding this has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments so that we can further improve our product. 

If you need anything else, let me know. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Libbie1
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I also haven't been able to use the preview pane for months now. It is very frustrating and very time consuming for work to not be able to preview any of my Dropbox documents. Megan, does Dropbox really not know how to fix this? Please help us!

Thank you!

CouruDavance
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem at this day with the latest application.

What is the solution.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CouruDavance, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify the version and status of the Dropbox desktop app as shown in your menu bar/taskbar on your computer?

Have you tried rebooting your computer since you first noticed this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    christophertaylor New member | Level 2
    CouruDavance Explorer | Level 3
    DixbiX New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?