cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Removed and Deleted My Files

Highlighted

Dropbox Removed and Deleted My Files

Explorer | Level 4

Ok, so I've searching similar topics in the discussion board. Apparently, Dropbox team believes that it is the human factor not the software issues.

I am pretty I just delete one Word File. than the notification at the bottom right start to popping again and agin telling me that how many files are removed.

The funny thing is, I am not even in the parent foler, but Dropbox deleted all my parent folders. I think this is very serious issue with dropbox since I just switched to dropbox from Onedrive. Friend tole me Dropbox is very trust-worthy.

Onedrive just didn't save your recent work sometime without a proper shutdown or disconnection from your media, but dropbox delte everything.

This is terrible!

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropbox Keeps Deleting My Files

Explorer | Level 4

I publish same issue here but no response so far.

I think Dropbox should take this seriously. Image if a company keep all imporant contracts in dropbox and deleted by Dropbox what is going to happen?

So, I have all my imporant files saved in my hard drive which moves a lot between computers.

But this doesn't or should cause files to be all wiped out when you just shared your folder or deleted a single file from your child folder.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Keeps Deleting My Files

Explorer | Level 4

Please treat this issue seriously.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Removed and Deleted My Files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @kickkyhuanny, thanks for reaching out. 

There are a number of reasons why deletions can happen, but let's see what we can find on this together. 

If you've already recovered the files, could you have a look at their version history to for any information about where they were deleted from? 

Give me a nudge with what you find and we'll go from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I am mostly operating on my local hard drive. Once it deletes all folders one up level. One when I shared a folder it delete everything in that folder and all other folders where that shared fold resides.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @kickkyhuanny!

Did you have the chance to take a look at Lusil's questions? We'll need you to check on that so that we can assist you further.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I haven't pay attention to those. I just wanted to recovery asap when i found those files in my recovery folder. I'll check it this happens one more time.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?