cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Sync Icons missing

Highlighted

Dropbox Sync Icons missing

Helpful | Level 5

Recently my Dropbox folder stopped showing Sync icons. This means I have no idea which files are downloaded to my mac, and which are simply in the cloud. 

I tried all the suggestions here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/sync-icons

I reinstalled the app. I unlinked my dropbox account. I force restarted finder. Nothing. 

Then I got aggressive. Signed out, completely uninstalled dropbox, including deleting all the hidden system files, restarted, and installed again. Still missing.

This is a pretty critical feature of Dropbox so would really like to know how to fix it... I miss the old days when this app was simple and just worked.

I also did some reading about how other apps with Finder integrations can screw things up so uninstalled Google Drive File Stream (the only other app I can think that might be messing with it). That said, here are the apps listed under "finder integrations" in the extensions tab of system preferences:

iCloud Drive, BetterZip, Core Sync Helper (Adobe Creative Cloud), Dropbox, Setapp.

Running Mac OS 10.15.6 and Dropbox vr. 102.4.431

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Sync Icons missing

Helpful | Level 5

AHA! It was BetterZip, apparently. I've contacted the developer. Hopefully we can get them to play nicely with each other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

AHA! It was BetterZip, apparently. I've contacted the developer. Hopefully we can get them to play nicely with each other.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @adamschoales; thanks for the report and following up on this!

I'm glad to hear you managed to get to the bottom of this and thanks for keeping us in the loop too.

Just a note on this, our most recent stable version of the desktop app came out a couple of days ago so you may want to give it a try too:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-103-4-383/td-p/442957

Let me know if you come up with any Dropbox questions, Adam; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?