Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox Syncing Glitching and stuck for 3 weeks now

Explorer | Level 4

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 9.51.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-25 at 9.52.19 AM.png

Dropbox has been stuck syncing for 3 weeks now and glitches between "syncing 321 files" and "syncing 322 files" and the time estimate switches between 1 sec and multiple hours every day. When I click on "view sync issues", I get a blank box (above). This is super detrimental for my work at my company. I would appreciate any and all advice. 

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Syncing Glitching and stuck for 3 weeks now

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @kelliepcolar - welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to see you've bumped into this syncing issue. Let's see what we can do now.

As a first step, can you let me know if you've rebooted the affected computer since you first noticed this message coming up on our desktop app?

If you have already done this, I'd like to look into this with all of our tools at my disposal so I'd need you to confirm if it's OK with you to reach out via your Dropbox associated email address to work on this together.

Thank you in advance for your reply Kellie!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Would love to know if you get a solution for this I'm having the same issue all this week.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Walter,

I have definitely rebooted my computer multiple times since this started happening! I just uninstalled & reinstalled my dropbox, but am having the same issue, just with a different number of syncing items. I took a screen recording but not sure how to upload in this thread. 

You can definitely reach out to me via my dropbox email!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know Kellie - I just reached out via email so we can have a better look into this.

@Colonel-nz : I've also sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address to work on this together if you don't mind.

At your earliest convenience, take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

We'll update the thread once we reach a resolution.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?