cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Transfer

Dropbox Transfer

Oriavni
New member | Level 2

Hey guys,

Just accidentally stopped a huge file transfer few gigs before it's ready,

Is there any way to recover the uploaded data?

Thank you all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Transfer

Rich
Super User II

@Oriavni wrote:

Yea, unfortunately it was a browser upload, I couldn't figure out how to upload a 86 gigs file from an external drive so I used this feature.

You won't be able to upload a file that size through the browser to Dropbox. Each file or folder uploaded on dropbox.com can be up to 50 GB. Each file or folder uploaded on the Dropbox desktop app can be up to 2 TB.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Oriavni wrote:

Just accidentally stopped a huge file transfer few gigs before it's ready,

Is there any way to recover the uploaded data?

Was this an upload through your browser, either with the Transfer feature or an upload to your account? If so, then there's no way to resume an incomplete upload through your browser. You need to start it over again.

Oriavni
New member | Level 2

Yea, unfortunately it was a browser upload, I couldn't figure out how to upload a 86 gigs file from an external drive so I used this feature..

Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@Oriavni wrote:

Yea, unfortunately it was a browser upload, I couldn't figure out how to upload a 86 gigs file from an external drive so I used this feature.

You won't be able to upload a file that size through the browser to Dropbox. Each file or folder uploaded on dropbox.com can be up to 50 GB. Each file or folder uploaded on the Dropbox desktop app can be up to 2 TB.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Oriavni New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?