cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox and sync on Android

Highlighted

Dropbox and sync on Android

New member | Level 2

Hi!
Been using DB for a long time to sync my password files on my phone. I don't have the DB app installed on any computer, only on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 9).

Currently I'm running DB v202.2.2

My issue is that I have previously been able to have my password file cached, open it on my phone, make changes, and DB has synced my changes back to the DB cloud. For some reason, this does no longer work.

I have the password file marked as "Available offline" and I have also tried to export it but no matter what I try, the changes I make won't sync.

In Android\Data\Com.dropbox.android there are no folder or files whatsoever (device is not rooted), but on the SD card, same path, the folders Cache and Files exist, however they are empty.

If I choose to export the offline file, I get to choose where to put it. I have tried a few locations, for example in the Android\Downloads folder, then opened the file from there, make changes... But nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong or has this function been made available for business users only?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox and sync on Android

Dropboxer

Hi @Andkl, thanks for joining the Community!

After looking into this in more detail, I've confirmed with the team that this is the expected behavior as a result of a recent change to the mobile app.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter. If you wish, you can suggest this to be changed back for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?