cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on android phone not showing camera roll pictures

Highlighted

Dropbox app on android phone not showing camera roll pictures

Explorer | Level 3

Hi all,

i recently purchased dropbox 2tb. I want to sync all my pictures on my phone (galaxy s to my dropbox account, but only my recently taken pictures will upload. I have the settings in the app to upload all pictures. When i try to manually select the pictures so i can upload them, my camera roll doesn't show up in the app. Only recently taken pictures and some Whatsapp images...

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox app on android phone not showing camera roll pictures

Dropboxer

Hi @Birthe; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

If those photos weren't uploaded to your account when you first enabled the camera uploads feature, you may need to manually upload them indeed.

Can you send me a screenshot of the options you get when you tap on the (+) button within our mobile app to upload your photos? 

While we're at it, have you made sure you're running the most recent versions of our app and your device's OS?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

;

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Walter wrote:

Hi @Birthe; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

If those photos weren't uploaded to your account when you first enabled the camera uploads feature, you may need to manually upload them indeed.

Can you send me a screenshot of the options you get when you tap on the (+) button within our mobile app to upload your photos? 

While we're at it, have you made sure you're running the most recent versions of our app and your device's OS?

Keep me posted!

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

I am running the most recent version of the app.

I don't see where I can add my screenshot here, so I'll write what my options are:
-take picture
-scan document
-upload pictures or videos
-make or upload document
-make a new map
-add a document from your computer

Thanks in advance!
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for that info @Birthe!

When you choose the "upload pictures or videos" can you let us know what options you see there?

If you can't upload a screenshot through the "Photos" option along the top of the reply box here on the Community, please send a shared link to any screenshots you'd like to share.

Also, if you were using the camera uploads feature to upload all your photos, can you send a screenshot of the camera upload settings too?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?