cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox basic. Someone shared a folder with me that maxes out my storage and I don't want to upgrade

Dropbox basic. Someone shared a folder with me that maxes out my storage and I don't want to upgrade

Daddyg777
Explorer | Level 3

I am working with a company that requires me to use one of their shared folders, which puts ALL of their contents of that folder on my account, which maxes it out by a lot.  Is there a way they can share a folder with me that doesn't automatically put the contents on my account?  I am supposed to submit some of my content to that folder but I don't want to that folder to be counted as part of my storage limit.  I hope I am making sense of this.  Any help greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox basic. Someone shared a folder with me that maxes out my storage and I don't want to upg

Rich
Super User II

@Daddyg777 wrote:

Is there a way they can share a folder with me that doesn't automatically put the contents on my account?  I am supposed to submit some of my content to that folder but I don't want to that folder to be counted as part of my storage limit.

If you need to be able to add or modify content in that folder, then you'll need to upgrade your account. There's no other way.

If you just need access to the files without the ability to edit, you could ask for a shared link to the folder, or if you just need to upload files back to the company, they could send you a file request. Neither solve your issue, but they're possible workarounds.

Re: Dropbox basic. Someone shared a folder with me that maxes out my storage and I don't want to upg

Daddyg777
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks so much... that really helps. Looks like I’m gonna have to upgrade.. 😏
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daddyg777 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?