cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox cannot open my files

Dropbox cannot open my files

Explorer | Level 4

Is anyone else having this issue?  I can open Dropbox and see my files but when I try to open one, it says "Oops, something went wrong" and the only option is to go back to my Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox cannot open my files

Dropboxer

Hi @Samara Info Center; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify if you're having an issue with previewing one specific file on our website or if this happens for all of your files?

Assuming that this isn't regarding our mobile app, have you tried clearing your browser's cache and/or another browser

Keep me posted on your findings! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dropboxer

Hi @Samara Info Center; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify if you're having an issue with previewing one specific file on our website or if this happens for all of your files?

Assuming that this isn't regarding our mobile app, have you tried clearing your browser's cache and/or another browser

Keep me posted on your findings! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

Thank you for the feedback.  It is happening via the Dropbox website using Chrome.  I had no tried on another browser but I just did with Explorer and it did open up so I guess it must be an issue with Chrome.  I have no problem using Explorer to access my files. 

Thanks for your help!

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @Samara Info Center; I'm glad to hear it works fine in another browser. 

As for Chrome, I'd suggest updating it to the latest, stable version if you haven't already and/or disable any plugins or extensions that might be causing issues. 

See you around the Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

I have used Drop Box for many years. I use it in referrence to a mission hospital in Ethiopia under St Luke's Health Care foundation. The present president is Ken Amstutz. I was the previous president. I have recently upgraded in order to get my drop box documents from Ken, but I still can't open any documents. Are you able to help me?  Thank you.  Harold P Adolph, MD, FACS, FICS

New member | Level 2

Only the files I mention in my previous note are a problem as far as I am aware. I store other items in my own drop box without trouble, but am unable to visualize or open the document involving our hospital in Ethiopia from Mr. Ken Amstutz. Thank you for your hlep.

New member | Level 2

I am speaking of files sent to me by Drop box invollving SLHCF files from the president Ken Amstutz.

Dropboxer

Hey there @haroldadolph;'thanks for joining our discussion here.

Those types of files cannot be previewed on our website so you'll need to download them onto your device and open them through the relevant software. 

Let us know if you have any follow up quyestins! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

I can see all my files but cannot open Word or Exel. Using Firefox.

New member | Level 2

This is exactly my problem even though I stepped up to go to a higher priced program thinking that was the problem. Can you help me settle the problem? thank you.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?