cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox changing photo format

Highlighted

Dropbox changing photo format

Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to upload Raw photos CR2 into dropbox for a coworker to edit but when the photos upload they are automatically uploading in jpeg. How do I prevent them from changing format? I just uploaded CR2 files a week or so ago into the same folder and they did not change. I am not sure what changed in the last week. 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox changing photo format

Dropboxer

Hi there @katrinapound; thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please let me know how exactly are you uploading those files to your account?

Also, can you send me a screenshot of a sample file like this as shown before you upload it to Dropbox and another one of how it previews on our website? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I tried to attach a screen shot but it is saying the file is too big on my computer and then from my phone there is no option to attach photos.  To upload to drop box I tried both the upload button and the drag and drop method. An example of a file I attempted to upload was img_4939.CR2 after I uploaded dropbox converted it to CBD123B6-9FD5-4EE5-9F7A-F92EF67168F9_1_100_o.jpeg. This happens when I upload from a macbook. I finally figured out that I could upload directly from my SD card and it kept the formatting the same. That is a hassle though as I need to be able to go through and delete the duplicates or outtakes before uploading to dropbox and that is much easier to do from my desktop. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I understand that this might not be ideal, but I'm glad you sorted this out in the end @katrinapound.

If there's anything else I can help with, don't hesitate to give me a nudge; I'm always a post away!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I would love to know why this is happening and not have to do a round about way to upload. Any ideas?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm not really sure why this could be happening, Katrina. 

Do you get the same results on other browsers other than the one you originally used? 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?