cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox client warns me that it'll stop syncing in Nov, why?

Re: Dropbox client warns me that it'll stop syncing in Nov, why?

Alex801
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, thanks for the work,
I have this problem when executing the scripts, it returns me

/ usr / bin / fix_dropbox: line 150: gcc: command not found
Error building "/root/.local/lib/libdropbox_ext4.so"! Exit.
can be the definition of the variable that the route is not correct?
Thanks and best regards.

editboy911
Explorer | Level 4

This is nonsensical. It's like having a succesful restaurant and then deciding to start telling people they can only order food they don't want, after they have paid up front.

Which brain donor at Dropbox thought this was a good idea?

aviemet
New member | Level 2

For anyone seeking an alternative, I've found 2 which I like:

ExpanDrive is a cloud drive syncing client which supports several cloud services, including DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, box and some others. It's a bit pricey though, $50 for the current version license and an extra $38 to get lifetime updates. But it has the benefit of being a single client for Linux, Mac and Windows if you're not ready to move away from DropBox.

https://secure.expandrive.com

insync is a bit more reasonable, $30 per Google or MS account for a lifetime license, but only supports Google Drive and OneDrive. So if you're fed up with DropBox enough to be done with them, this could be a decent solution. Google Drive gives you 30GB for free, so that could offset some of the cost. Personally, I paid for the 2TB upgrade on DropBox before I realized I would have to dedicate a potential 4TB of drive space to have syncing enabled on my dual boot Linux/Windows device.

https://www.insynchq.com/

Others have suggested some open source options, maestral looks pretty cool, but doesn't have a Windows client. I worry about sync issues between Windows and Linux if I'm using a different client on each. If anyone has found some alternatives, maybe free ones, leave some links?

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?