cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox.com - some tweaks

Collaborator | Level 9

Because I use a dropbox constantly, there are still small elements that can be fine-tuned. Here's a quick list:
1. Selecting files by clicking and dragging the cursor.
2. Faster loading of pages between folders - when the Internet speed drops, you can wait unnecessarily long for the folder you visited recently.
3. The left bar needs huge modifications:
3A. It is very nice, minimalistic and absolutely unnecessary. It contains unnecessarily complicated menu structures that appear when you click on the link. You could not move the menu to the top bar and get rid of this bar?
3B. It could possibly have folders and files marked with an asterisk, as is the case with the new dektop application.
3C. If the user does not have a second account pinned - there is no need for the switching icon to be visible.
3D. If the strip would have to remain, let it disappear while shrinking the window.
3E. The main menu page has a different font than inside files or paper.
3F. Possibly transferring and joining both side straps into one common.
4. Design in line with the new visual identity of the company.
5. Todo and timeline todo inside the main page arranged in a more readable way.
5A. Timeline todo could only show the bars assigned to the user in the form of a weekly task calendar. In the same view icons from simple todo lists.
6. Right click of the mouse shows the contents of the additional menu from the side button with three dots.
7. Quick access to gmail files on the main page.
8. I am asking for the option to disable Dropbox Business ads on every dropbox.com page while browsing the folders.
Best regards! Dominik

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox.com - some tweaks

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @zonaarchi - thanks for your well elaborated, extensive feedback!

I’ll be more than happy to pass your suggestions, thoughts and ideas to the relevant teams as we're always looking for our users' input when creating the next iterations of our apps and services. 

If there's anything you'd like to add or ask in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out; I'll be happy to follow up!

Keep the creative ideas flowing 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?