cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox completely disappeared -- as if it had never been installed

Highlighted

Dropbox completely disappeared -- as if it had never been installed

New member | Level 2

Dell Win 10. 

First I noticed the Dropbox folder was gone from File Explorer. Then I realized I couldn't find any of the folders or files within it. Then I discovered Dropbox no longer appears on the list of installed apps! WTF?

I just remembered I have been running DB on two machines. I forgot to remove it from my old machine when I started using the new one. Might that have something to do with the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox completely disappeared -- as if it had never been installed

Dropboxer

Hey @Eric U.3, thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

You can mark one of your posts as a solution by selecting the Accept as Solution button below your post. 

I just wanted to mention that you might be able to see if the desktop app is installed on your device by going to the Security tab

You can also have a look at your events page to check out any file changes that could have happened in your account. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Now I'm thinking I never did install Dropbox: I just named a folder "Dropbox" and never got around to installing the app. That still doesn't explain why it disappeared, but it probably absolves Dropbox. How do I mark this issue resolved?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Eric U.3, thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

You can mark one of your posts as a solution by selecting the Accept as Solution button below your post. 

I just wanted to mention that you might be able to see if the desktop app is installed on your device by going to the Security tab

You can also have a look at your events page to check out any file changes that could have happened in your account. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?