cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox crashed my windows and deleted all files from "my documents"

Highlighted

Dropbox crashed my windows and deleted all files from "my documents"

New member | Level 2

Hi there

I have got a big problem. I installed dropbox on my PC. When installing, i choosed options to sync "My documents". Everythink went ok - files started syncing. Then I needed to restart my PC. Then problems started. My computer doesnt boot windows, thee is some kind of error before windows lanuch (black screen with some kind of error). I lost acccess to my files. I took SSD disk form my pc and pluged it as an external drive to other PC. I see all files, but in "My Documents" folder, there are no files at all.... My all work form several years disappered, when I wanted to use dropbox to protect them.

Please help me. I Was trying to wirte emial to dropbox support, but there is no option....

I need help. Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox crashed my windows and deleted all files from "my documents"

Dropboxer

Hey there @iza3, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this!

Can you just clarify for me if the Dropbox folder is on the SSD disk that you pulled from the computer?

If so, the backup folder in Dropbox might be hidden, so please make sure that you have the option to show hidden files enabled.

We would be looking for a folder "My PC" within the Dropbox folder which should also have a Documents folder within too with the files it was trying to sync to your account.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?