cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox creates thumbnail folders when I sign in on other devices

Dropbox creates thumbnail folders when I sign in on other devices

apalondon
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am on professional dropbox since yesterday. I transferred some folders and all the folders that contain images have the below issue:

On the computer that I used to transfer the files it all appears good, but when I connect through any other device (mobile, tablet etc) in the folders that have images I get a lot of other folders like below that are called thumbnail, webaxs.. etc 

Do you know why that is and how I can stop it from happening?

Thank you

fkdnfdndfk.PNG

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox creates thumbnail folders when I sign in on other devices

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20
@apalondonwrote:

On the computer that I used to transfer the files it all appears good, but when I connect through any other device (mobile, tablet etc) in the folders that have images I get a lot of other folders like below ...

Hi @apalondon,

The same subfolders exist on your computer you used to transfer the files; just they are hidden there. 🙂 Make sure your file browser in use doesn't hide anything (matter of settings) and you gonna see them.

@apalondonwrote:

... how I can stop it from happening?

🤔Hm.. There are 2 different ways to prevent that. At the beginning, make clear - do you need this files/folders (including for any software you are using)! If you don't need all those folders (or part of them), its simplest possible case - just wipe them out. In case you (or some software you are using) need them (or part of) on the source machine, ignore them using "Ignore" feature, so local configuration will stay the same and only non ignored files/folders will go on cloud. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?