cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app won't sync trying every way

Dropbox desktop app won't sync trying every way

New member | Level 2

My dropbox won't sync which is running in windows server 2012 r2. I tried all the method found in forum to solve it. Yet no solution.

The process i tried was reinstalled dropbox, cleared cache, checked antivirus, fixed hardlinks & permissions, restarted services.  Selective sync is not working. It also stucks on "loading" & giving message "unable to connect".

Hoping for an alternate solution.

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox desktop app won't sync trying every way

Dropboxer

Hi @SGM20, thanks for messaging today!

In order to understand this issue better, what is the exact issue you're facing? Are files showing the syncing icon but not syncing, or is the app not connecting to the Dropbox site?

Could you check that there isn't a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox desktop app won't sync trying every way

New member | Level 2

I have exact the same problem with same OS. I've spent few hours to find a way to solve it (reinstalls, firewalls etc) and it worked after I've installed older version (99.xx). After few minutes Dropbox updated to the newest verson (103.xx) and stuck on syncing again.

PS It worked perfect on the same computer for a few years before this issue.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?