Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox drops connection with Vodafone Italia ISP

studiotan
Explorer | Level 3

Dropobox fails to connect and properly sync under Vodafone Italia ISP network. 

Dropbox connects and syncs properly after launch and then drops connection and remains stuck to "connecting..." status. 

If a file is added in the dropobox folder, dropbox reconnects, upload the file but doesn't sync properly,  doesn't download files added on different computer or added using the web site.

Dropbox randomly reconnects and syncs and then drops the connection for a random amount of time.

We have a Plus account with the Dropbox app installed in several computer, both windows and osx, some in our office some in our homes.

The issue happens only under the Vodafone ISP network both fiber or 4G via thetering.

The issue happens both in our office and homes under Vodafone network and doesn't happen in homes using a differnt ISP provider or using cellphone network of a different ISP provider.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rif.: Dropbox drops connection with Vodafone Italia ISP

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks again to all of you that reported this issue. 

We have made a change on our side that should improve connectivity and stability, and are still working with Vodafone to fix the root cause of the problem.

In the meantime the experience should already be much better.

I'll solve this instance now, but feel free to reach out to support mentioning this post if this issue reappears.

Positive vibe!

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Re: Dropbox drops connection with Vodafone Italia ISP

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey studiotan, thanks for posting us on our Forum on this matter! 

As I’d like to help you out on that as much as possible, I’ve located your open ticket on our system & I can see that it has reached our higher level technicians at the moment. I’ve also made sure to transfer your comments on your existing correspondence & I’ve made sure to increase your support priority internally. 

Please include all relevant details on this email chain (eg. as this is specific to your device’s setup, any visuals you could include on that correspondence would help expedite matters), since they can access your account specifics via this channel & rest assured that they’ll do their best to help you over. 

You may dismiss my message, as I can see that you’ve already done some advanced troubleshooting with our Italian colleague on your ongoing discussion, therefore it would be best for you to continue the investigation there. 

I hope that this gets resolved soon for you & once again I appreciate your detailed post here. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

We're currently investigating this issue. Thanks a lot for reporting it!

Positive vibe!

A.R.
Helpful | Level 5
Thank you!

GnsGnn
Helpful | Level 5

I'm having the same problem with the same ISP, in Turin Italy.
Also, pausing and starting the sync does not always lead to files effectively syncing. Sometime it says it has synced but it has not.
It's been a few days now.
This is not good, hope it will be solved very soon.

A.R.
Helpful | Level 5
Gns, please contact also Vodafone customer care and tell them that you're not the only one with this problem.

GnsGnn
Helpful | Level 5
I'm trying, but it seems impossible to get through to a competent human.
Have you got a tech refererral to contact directly about this?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

We've contacted you over a support ticket requesting your help answering a few questions and requesting a bit more information. If you can answer to us via that channel we'll appreciate it.

Our investigation continues, but it'd also be helpful to contact the ISP provider as mentioned by one of the users. Thanks for recommending that!

Positive vibe!

GiacomoAngelini
Helpful | Level 7
I experience exactly the same thing, disconnection and connection over and over again, i can phone to vodafone but for sure i'm unable to reach someone that fix this, it need an high level person to contact directly, maybe a dropbox software update that integrate a fix or workaround for this?

Regards!

A.R.
Helpful | Level 5
I'm in close contact with the Dropbox team (I have a ticket opened with my work account - Studiotan) and they are really trying to fix the issue, they made me perform some tests and send them logs of the results.
They are in contact with Vodafone too.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?