cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox folder inside the Dropbox folder

Dropbox folder inside the Dropbox folder

Schlu
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone, 

i have a weird problem. For a while I was wondering why I sometimes couldn't find newly saved documents in my Dropbox when trying to get there via shortcuts in my explorer. When I opened my Dropbox folder realized that another Dropbox folder is in there and somehow half of my current documents are saved in the original folder an the rest is inside the duplicate one so that I can't just delete it. The duplicate folder also is the only folder that shows up on other devices or in the web version. I'm kind of at a loss how to fix this problem.  Here is a screenshot of my explorer:
Unbenannt.png
I hope you understand my problem as english isn't my native language.  
Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox folder inside the Dropbox folder

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Schlu, I'd be happy to help look into this with you. 

To make sure that we troubleshoot this accordingly, I would recommend unlinking the desktop app and doing an advanced reinstall

Just remember that if you are on a Basic (free) account, you'll have to make sure that you've got less than three devices already connected to proceed.

From there, once you let everything sync back down to your computer, you can move any new files into the syncing Dropbox folder.

Let me know of any updates and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?