cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox folder not syncing on my desktop app or online

Dropbox folder not syncing on my desktop app or online

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Using my business computer and business Dropbox account I created a new Dropbox account for our church's laptop for worship songs and videos, so the business account is the owner. Everything worked well for years but now when I add files to the Dropbox folder from my personal computer, they appear on the laptop but they do not appear in my business computer or business Dropbox account. The folders are present but only two of four files in one folder are present.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox - Version 131.4.3968 and the problem persists. This computer is a Mac running Mojave (10.14.6). New files are missing in both dropbox.com and in the Dropbox app and the app says everything is up to date (green checkmark). I have verified that I am using the same login in dropbox.com and the local app.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thinking about your reply, I remember the Dropbox folder was renamed on the church computer last year (Pine Grove to Pine Grove Dropbox) and maybe that change never synced to the MVPM computer. That could explain why the folder doesn't sync.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @mvpm, welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

If you've ensured that the desktop app is up to date and not still syncing on both of your computers, could you check if there are any incompatible characters in the names of those files?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

heinelg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There are no incompatible characters in the folder and file names and the other computers are syncing fine.

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

sorry, replied from wrong computer. Should have replied as MVPM.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @mvpm, could you attach a screenshot showing the exact filename as it appears on the Dropbox site, and how the folder appears on your local machine?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

MVPM Dropbox App - this is the computer that is not syncing:
DropBox App - MVPM.png

MVPM Finder:

Finder - MVPM.png

Finder on my personal computer that is syncing properly. There are three files not present on the other computer:

Finder - LGH.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The folders in Finder appear to be in different locations since they don't match.

Are you certain that these are showing the exact same folder as visible on the Dropbox site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

They are showing the exact same dropbox folder (Dropbox > Pine Grove > Worship PPT) - the locations appear to be different because the screen captures are from different computers. I have been working with these folders between several computers for 5 years but the problem only became apparent recently when I had to view a file from my other computer.

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thinking about your reply, I remember the Dropbox folder was renamed on the church computer last year (Pine Grove to Pine Grove Dropbox) and maybe that change never synced to the MVPM computer. That could explain why the folder doesn't sync.

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I shared the renamed folder with my business computer and deleted the old one and all files are present on the business computer now. 

Thanks for your assistance!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lyle M. Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Reenacollection92 New member | Level 2
    danielbennett82 New member | Level 2
    mvpm Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?