cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox folder not syncing on my desktop app or online

Dropbox folder not syncing on my desktop app or online

mvpm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Using my business computer and business Dropbox account I created a new Dropbox account for our church's laptop for worship songs and videos, so the business account is the owner. Everything worked well for years but now when I add files to the Dropbox folder from my personal computer, they appear on the laptop but they do not appear in my business computer or business Dropbox account. The folders are present but only two of four files in one folder are present.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox - Version 131.4.3968 and the problem persists. This computer is a Mac running Mojave (10.14.6). New files are missing in both dropbox.com and in the Dropbox app and the app says everything is up to date (green checkmark). I have verified that I am using the same login in dropbox.com and the local app.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

13 Replies 13

danielbennett82
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having a similar issue.  I have multiple folders created under the same account.  They are are visible and available when accessed by my android phone, but not visible or available from a PC or laptop.

Reenacollection92
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Community,

I need help for one issue. When I directly try from software to upload the files it doesn't happen but when when I use browser it happen at that time the file is uploaded. And I don't want to lose my data from it. Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Vikas 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Reenacollection92, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

Can you make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running on your device? 

Feel free to also let me know the version you have installed, and the syncing status

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Lyle M.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just received my new MacBook Pro and the files were not sync'ing. Then I realized that DropBox was setup for online sync'ing to save space. I turned that off but it still wouldn't sync. Tried quitting and reopening DropBox but no joy.

What i discovered was that even though I had switched the Dropbox to local files, I had to use the Finder and select every folder, then a two-finger press, and switch DropBox from online to local. You can see the little cloud emblem to tell you it's cloud storage and that will change to a checkmark.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lyle M. Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Reenacollection92 New member | Level 2
    danielbennett82 New member | Level 2
    mvpm Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?