cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox folder on mac is completely different to dropbox online

Dropbox folder on mac is completely different to dropbox online

New member | Level 2

My dropbox folder on my {mac computers} (x2) contain different files to when I sign in {online}. This is only a recent event as in the last month. Why are my computer files not appearing in my online dropbox? 

There appears to be no way of telling my {computer dropbox folder } folder to "sync".

Please help

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox folder on mac is completely different to dropbox online

Dropboxer

Hi @eskyb1; welcome to our Community!

It sounds like the desktop app isn't running on your machines and/or having an issue with syncing changes you make within your Dropbox folder. 

Could you take a look at your menu bar on both devices and let me know the app's status? Is it 'up to date' or still syncing? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, one machine is running os x 10.9.5 which am I correct in believing does not now operate with Dropbox?

The second machine is running 10.10.? and has the drop box icon in the menu bar of the folder but when I click it it has no options - it's greyed out.

Dropboxer

Yes, it's true that first machine isn't meeting our minimum requirements so you won't be able to install and use the desktop app there.

Regarding your second computer, could you re-install the app and let me know how it goes @eskyb1?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?